Male Breast Reduction
Flattens and Firms Up Your Chest
Male Breast Reduction
Flattens and Firms Up Your Chest
Male Breast Reduction In Toronto
Redefine Your Pecs
Gynecomastia can lead to low self-esteem and diminished self-confidence. Through male breast reduction surgery, you can have a masculine chest that’s buffer and stronger looking.
You have man boobs. Your chest looks like a woman’s, so much so that you could even fill out a bra. It’s deeply embarrassing and you may even get teased about it by other guys. That’s why you never wear thin shirts or go swimming, because you’re constantly trying to hide your chest.
Gynecomastia, the technical term for men with enlarged breasts, is usually caused by increased estrogen activity, decreased testosterone activity, excess fat, or the use of numerous medications. It is a common complaint, accounting for 65% of reported male breast disorders. This condition can occur at any age and can stem from hormonal changes, heredity, or obesity.
You are not alone. Enlarged male breasts occur in 40-60% of men. Once an underlying health condition has been ruled out, your quality of life and mental health can be greatly improved by male breast reduction surgery. While diet, exercise, and avoiding medications that would increase the size of your breast tissue are important components of your health, surgically correcting the problem can offer the greatest chance of success at obtaining a masculine chest.
Why Get Male Breast Reduction Surgery?
- You want to get rid of your fleshy chest that hides your pecs.
- You hate how your chest looks like a woman’s.
- You’ve recently lost a lot of weight and noticed that the skin on your chest sags.
- Your chest is fat.
- You are a bodybuilder who wants to eliminate excess breast tissue caused by anabolic steroids.
- You’ve tried exercise and diet to firm up your chest, but it didn’t work.
Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get male breast reduction surgery?
- Am I in good health with no active diseases or pre-existing medical conditions?
- Have I tried other medical treatments to treat my condition but to no avail?
- Do I smoke?
- Am I drug-free?
- Have I maintained a relatively normal weight?
- Do I live an active and healthy lifestyle?
- Has my breast development stabilized?
- Do I shy away from places like public pools, beaches, exercise clubs or any place I will have to bare my chest?
- Do I worry about being intimate with another person because of my chest?
This surgery can be performed on adolescents but it is preferred that you wait until after puberty.
Will my breasts grow back?
How long do I have to wait to see my results?
What are the risks?
- Unfavorable scarring
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation, which may be temporary or permanent
- Anesthesia risks
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Blood clots
- Poor wound healing
- Breast contour and shape irregularities
- Skin discoloration and permanent pigmentation changes
- Breast asymmetry
- Fluid accumulation
- Excessive firmness of the breast
- Potential loss of skin/tissue of breast where incisions meet each other
- Pain, which may persist
- Possibility of revision surgery
In a 2015 study of over 73,000 breast surgery patients, the complication rate was 1.9% with hematoma, or excessive bleeding, being the most common complication occurring in 1.1% of the population. Still, the likelihood of a complication occurring in a male breast reduction patient is less than 1 in 35,000.
Using the excision and liposuction techniques, Dr. Levine provides the consistent results and a very low rate of complications for his patients. The rest is largely up to you. Precisely following Dr. Levine’s pre-and post-operative instructions will greatly increase the likelihood that your results will be the best they can be.
Length Of Surgery
Back At Work
Why Dr. Levine Is The Master Of Male Breast Reduction In Toronto
Excellent Ratings For Satisfaction, Scarring And Self-Confidence
Dr. Ronald Levine
Master Cosmetic Surgeon & Professor
Master of Surgery
His experience of 35+ years in the field further distinguishes him as one of the leading plastic surgeons in the country.
Dr. Levine is a Full Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University of Toronto and the Director of Post-Graduate Surgery. He oversees all of the surgical disciplines at the university. This means that he must remain current with advancements in the field, and continually refine his surgical techniques to provide the safest and most effective options to his patients.
Body contouring specialist
Dr. Levine is highly specialized in surgery of the breast for men and women. He has performed thousands of cosmetic breast procedures. Many of his patients seek improvement of their overall body contour, particularly following dramatic weight loss. As such, your male breast reduction can be performed at the same time as tummy tuck, a popular treatment that can dramatically improve your upper body profile. However, Dr. Levine recognizes that every patient is unique in his concerns as well as his physiology. Your consultation is thorough and tailored to your specific needs. Dr. Levine insists that the decision to undergo plastic surgery should only be made when a patient feels well informed and comfortable with their surgeon and credentials. He will take the time to answer your questions, discuss risks and outcomes, and ensure you are prepared for the recovery process.
Why Choose Credit Medical?
With Credit Medical, it’s easy to apply for financing and get pre-approval within seconds for your procedure, apply online, and rest easy knowing that you can focus on the treatment, not the payment!